What Types of Gutters Are Available?
There are many different gutter profiles available today, and Texas Gutter King is happy to offer a variety of styles so you can customize your home. We invite you to investigate the various gutters and downspouts to find the best combination for your needs.
We combine the highest quality materials and craftsmanship to achieve the best results.
OGEE (K-style) Gutter
Because the OGEE gutter profile, also known as K-Style, is the most common in our area, we can easily match any existing gutters on your home or business. This profile has a Roman Ogee curved face, and the miters and end caps are made from accessory parts.
- Least expensive option
- Available in 5″, 6″, & 7″
- Utilizes accessory end caps and miters (compared to the custom, hand-cut miters featured on other profiles)
The Straight Face gutter profile is a contemporary, cost-effective alternative to the traditional OGEE gutter style. It is also seamless, and the miters and end caps must be hand-cut by skilled craftsmen. This style profile mimics a classic fascia trim, providing a clean, custom look. Austin Gutter King is the ONLY company that offers Straight Face profiles in 5′′, 6′′, and 7′′ sizes.
- Features hand-made miters and end caps (no accessory strips)
- Custom, clean, modern look
- Available in 5″, 6″, & 7″
Half-round gutter profiles are common on Arts and Crafts and modern homes and can be tailored to your preferences. You can, for example, add external hangers or have them done in copper or galvalume for a one-of-a-kind look.
- A variety of hanger options to choose from
- Available in 6″ seamless or 8″ sectional
- Less likely to clog
This style is unique to Texas Gutter King and combines the beauty of a rounded gutter with increased capacity. No machine could create this look; each piece is handcrafted. Quarter-round fills large fascias and creates a truly one-of-a-kind design look for your home. This is ideal for large capacity or tile roofs that would be too much for a traditional or half-round gutter.
- Exclusive to Gutter King
- Custom high-capacity alternative to half-round
- Stylish, unique, functional
Seamless Box Gutter
Our Seamless Box Gutter retains the look of beautiful box gutters, typical in modern or commercial designs, but with the added benefit of being seamless. For a clean look, pair these with a smooth box downspout or a round downspout.
- 6″ Seamless
- Large capacity
- Modern, contemporary style
Custom Box Gutter
Finally, if the above gutter profiles do not meet your requirements, our skilled team can design a custom box gutter for your home or business. These are ideal for customers who require a specific width, depth, shape, or appearance.
- Residential or commercial
- Any size
- Custom-made to your specifications and shape.
Custom box gutters can be hand-made in our shop. These are perfect for customers who want a specific width, depth, shape, or look. We can produce this with a lip or without a lip.
- 2″x3″ rectangular – rated up to 500′ of roof (Not recommended)
- 3″x4″ rectangular – rated up to 1200′ of roof (Gutter King’s standard spout)
- 4″x5″ rectangular (custom) – rated up to 2000′ of roof
- 4″ Round – rated up to 1200′ of roof
Corrugated downspouts are the most common type of downspouts used in residential installations. They are available in two sizes: 2′′ x 3′′ and 3′′ x 4′′. Gutter King only uses larger 3′′ x 4′′ corrugated spouts, which handle approximately 1200 sq/ft of roof per downspout compared to approximately 500 sq/ft for the smaller ones. It has rounded edges, ridged lines on each face, and seams every 10 feet because these come in 10′ sticks. The elbows are crimped and gently bent to change the direction of the spout.
Round spouts are an inexpensive way to make any system appear more custom. Because they are round, their bends are not restricted to the direction of the wall surface, and they fit perfectly into ground drainage pipes. They have a traditional appearance and complement half-round and 6′′ OGEE and Straight-Face Gutters. Their elbows are crimped and have a gentle bend. Copper smooth elbows can be made to order.
Smooth Box Spout
Smooth Box Spouts are handcrafted by our artisans and are a perfect fit for your project. These spouts are typically 3′′ x 4′′ in size, but can be made in any rectangle or square size. The rakes and elbows have sharp angles that complement large roof homes and homes with
dramatic angled features.
Gutters come in a variety of sizes. Many of our profiles come in multiple sizes, and your project consultant can help you determine which size best fits your home.
- 5″ seamless – standard size & profile. Designed for composite shingle roofs and moderate flow.
- 6″ seamless – 40% more capacity than 5″. Designed for heavy-flow areas, metal roofs, and large downpours. (Recommended on most Texas homes)
- 7″ seamless – specifically designed for barrel tile roofs and severe heavy-flow areas.